Thursday, April 01, 2010

My first actions!

 

I've finally gotten around to playing with my photoshop elements software. Unfortunately, I have windows 7 now and my photoshop elements 6 acts a little erratically. Still, it's good for me to learn, and eventually I'll upgrade to CS5 when it comes out.

On these two shots, I used about three different Pioneer Woman actions for elements. I boosted the color, tried the ephemeral action which I like on the flowers and I used an edge burn action which is the same as vignetting. That gives the photo a darkness around the edge which I currently like.

If you're getting into actions and editing and are a newbie like me, check out http://www.texaschicksblogsandpics.com. Erin makes wonderful videos that are very detailed and helpful. I'm the kind of person who needs to know all of the details when I'm learning something new and her videos are perfect!

I followed her video on how to install the actions and I was up and running in about 15 minutes!

Since I'm still learning about PSE, I used Picassa to make this before and after photo collage. Picassa is my crutch. But, I figure, I'll eventually get better in PSE!

Thanks for stopping by!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: